1. Our brain is 90% water so mild dehydration (1% body weight loss) can lead to reductions in concentration and mental performance especially in children.
2. Children are at greater risk of dehydration than adults because their bodies contain a higher water ratio per body weight than adults
2. It’s free! Even if you use a water filter jug or buy bottled water its still cheaper than buying on-the-go sweet drinks
3. Children copy our behaviour – so don’t forget to drink more water yourself
4. The body has no way of storing water so it needs regular supplies (drinks throughout the day)
5. Younger children need relatively smaller drinks (150ml serving), older children more (250ml+) serving. And regularly.
Enjoy the sunshine x