This little chocolate treat is already a Mummyshire family favourite. They’re so easy to make and the Little Shires love getting stuck in to melted chocolate. Actually, who doesn’t?!
At the same time, gratification comes quickly as the chocolate sets within minutes over this healthy treat, so happy days all round.
Easy Halloween Chocolate Apples are just that – apples dipped into melted chocolate and decorated with sprinkles for Halloween or otherwise. It’s a great alternative to Toffee Apples, easier to bite into for little ones and gentler on the teeth.
1. Push the apples on tololly sticks so they’re sturdy
2. If your apples are waxy pour some boiled water over them and pat dry with a clean cloth or kitchen roll. It helps the chocolate stick, although it does turn the skins a dullish-green colour. But don’t worry the apples are covered in chocolate in minutes!
3. Melt the chocolate of your choice, either slowly over a pan of hot water or in a microwave, until nice and runny. 250g chocolate is more than enough to cover 4 small apples
4. Dip, dunk, spoon … get that chocolate on to the apples which ever way you want, but quite quickly before it starts to set
5. Then decorate
6. Keep the apples upright in a glass or container and pop into the fridge to set for 10-15 minutes.
So simple, very delicious and suitably satisfying.
If you like what you read please add me to your Bloglovin collection of blogs but clicking the link below.
I'm Tracey, nice to meet you. Mummyshire was 'born' three years ago after we moved from London to the Oxford countryside. Here I chart our journey adjusting to our new lives, the challenges of being in the countryside & surviving parenthood.