The invitation to a child-free wedding brought with it two thoughts – a night without the children *yeah* and what to wear?
I needed a dress but didn’t want to spend megabucks, so I went for a high street option to allow me to ‘go large’ on the accessories.
I found a plumb-pink scooter-style dress from H&M Oxford Circus which gives me back the curves I lost when I had the children!
For accessories I turned to online boutique AccessorizeMyOutfit.com
It’s a collaboration of 200+ designers & retailers who offer a free, personal shopper type service to help you accessorise, all done online.
I uploaded a photo of my dress to the AMO website and said broadly what I was looking for – a hat or hairpiece, jewellery & possibly shoes that would match my dress.
I got back a collection of accessories & ideas which probably would’ve taken me ages to find and put together on my own. I was thinking of contrasting colours, I wasn’t thinking of going all pink but this showed me how it could work…
This Board shows some gorgeous handmade purses and bags, so if I wanted the purple one with the pink flower it would’ve been no problem.
I then decided to wear my own cream & gold shoes, so I updated AMO who came back with more ideas – I had to restrain myself from buying everything here…
In the end I kept it simple & went for a gorgeous pearl & gold effect bracelet and matching hairpiece made by Lexico, made to colour match my dress.
What I liked about this service
1. shopping at home: I do most of my shopping online so this was perfect for me; with a glass of in & after hours looking for things for me made a lovely change!
2. bespoke service: I only got emails relating to accessories that I wanted; I didn’t get spammed by a barrage of irrelevant emails and still haven’t!
3. speed: I received approx. 10 emails in four days, and when I decided on the jewellery I liked it was tailormade and sent to me within 72 hours!
4. mood boards: I found these really helpful & when I saw something I liked I could click thru to the designer’s website and discover more for myself.
5. ££££: My bracelet and hairpiece cost just £25 including packaging; pretty fab value considering it was a bespoke make!
I’d certainly recommend AccessorizeMyOutfit if you want something a bit different or unique, & I found this a really lovely way to shop!
AccessorizeMyOutfit is also available on facebook here
Disclosure: This is an honest review of the service I experienced and all jewellery purchased was paid for by myself. Whilst I am friends with the owner of AccessorizeMyOutfit.com I was not paid, or bribed(!) for this review!
If you like what you read of mine, clicky da Wellie Boots & add me to your Bloglovin collection of blogs